Our evening Russian Language Courses are specifically designed for English speakers who have no prior knowledge of Russian, or Russian background speakers who wish to develop and improve their grammar and conversational skills.
Students enrolled in all levels of Russian Courses and Conversational Groups will learn about Russian history, culture, literature, traditions and customs.
Every course is tailored to the specific requirements of our students and has a different level of intensity.
Our courses are for adults (14 years and older). Classes will start as soon as there are at least 4-5 students enrolled.
Our students will have a rare opportunity to enjoy a special tour of St. John the Baptist Russian Orthodox Church in Narrabundah guided by the rector of the parish Archpriest Alexander Morozow.
You will also be invited to events organised by the Russian community in Canberra such as the much-loved Russian Bazaar and Food Fair.
Courses we offer:
- Russian for Beginners
- Advanced Beginners
- Intermediate Level
- Conversational Group for Intermediate and Advanced levels
- Tailored seminars and programs (by request)
Why learn Russian?
Here are just a few of the many reasons:
- Russia has a rich cultural and historical background.
- Russian is spoken by approximately 300 million people worldwide, and is the world’s eighth-most spoken language by number of native speakers.
- Russian is an official language in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan, and is spoken widely in many post-Soviet republics. Russian is also spoken among many Russian immigrants worldwide.
- Russian is one of the six official languages of the United Nations, and classified by the United States’s Defense Language Institute as a “Level III” language, meaning that it is of average difficulty in comparison to all languages worldwide.
- Some important and world-recognized poets and novelists were born in Russia. For example, we can mention Dostoyevsky and Tolstoy. Learning Russian is going to let you the opportunity to explore more about this literature.
- Did you know that Russian was the first language in space?